Those of you with a nostalgic hankering towards the earlier, exclusively cult film orientation of the Third Eye Cinema podcast and website are respectfully directed towards our sister site and podcast, Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine.
Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine is your essential guide to all things wild and wonderful in the world of cult entertainment!
Drop in for a spell, and join hosts “Doc” Savage (of the Third Eye Cinema podcast and website, among a few others that can be found searching about the internet...)* and Louis Paul (author of 5 cult film related books for McFarland and Bertler-Lieber Verlag, cohost of creepshowradio’s Taste of Fear podcast and contributor to numerous cult film fanzine publications such as European Trash Cinema and his own Blood Times) as we discuss the beloved, the hated, the weird and the wonderful world of cult film, music, television and more.
* the more attentive reader may have already found these…
We’ll be covering classic films, shows, musicians and literature of the past, with an eye towards what new visions may still arise from the soullessly derivative mire of our modern age.
Tune in, turn on and take a step outside the mainstream as we dig deep into the rich vein of cult cinema, music and television, right here on Weird Scenes inside the Goldmine!
Topics thus far have included:
- Dario Argento,
- Lucio Fulci,
- Joe D’Amato,
- Hammer films,
- British slap & tickle softcore comedies,
- the golden age of adult film (plus the nudie cuties and burlesque),
- no less than three shows working our way through the vast filmography of Jess Franco,
- Paul Naschy,
- Jean Rollin, Eurocine and the directors of French cult cinema (including such names as Walerian Borowczyk, Max Pecas, Harry Kumel, Jean-Marie Pallardy and more)
- Doctor Who (classic and new)
- and next Thursday (October 29, 7pm EST) we take on James Bond and the spy phenomenon he spawned!
Join us, won’t you? Follow us at our WordPress and Facebook sites below so you don’t miss a trick…